1-12 New Joint Degree Panel Discussion
Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 8:30am to 11:30am
Building E14: Media Lab, Bartos Theater (E15-070)
75 AMHERST ST, Cambridge, MA 02142
Join us for a half-day event to celebrate the launch of the new joint degree in Climate System Science and Engineering. Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE, Course 1) and Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences (EAPS, Course 12) have been working together for 18 months to develop this new major, which is now approved by the Institute.
The event will be in the morning of September 12 from 8:30 -11:30 am and will include talks by two outside guest speakers as well as a panel discussion.
Our guest speakers are Administrator Richard Revesz who is the head of The White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (Dean emeritus of New York law school and CEE alum), and Dr. Marcia McNutt, President of the National Academy of Sciences.
The talks will be followed by a panel discussion including the two invited guest speakers as well as the following panelists:
· Professor Kerry Emanuel (EAPS)
· Professor Desiree Plata (CEE)
· Professor Dara Entekhabi (CEE/EAPS/Climate Nucleus)
· Dr. Solomon Assefa (VP for Climate and Impact Science, IBM Research) will join via Zoom
· Anushree Chaudhuri, MIT DUSP ’24 (President of Student Sustainability Coalition, MIT)
· Sabrina Shankman (Climate Reporter, Boston Globe)
RSVP is required by September 6, 2023.