Beaver Works Summer Institute Online Prerequiste Nomination is Open
Wednesday, March 30, 2022 at 8:00am to 9:00amVirtual Event
Nominating high school students (rising seniors) for the MIT Beaver Works Summer Institute (BWSI) 2022 Summer Program prerequisite online courses is now open! This year, students will also have the opportunity to self-nominate/register. For more detailed information on application process: please visit our website https://beaverworks.ll.mit.edu/CMS/bw/bwsiapply.
As a Teacher, Parent, Guardian or Mentor (TPGM), you can nominate student(s) with the below process. If you would like for a student(s) to self-register send them this email and they should go directly to the “Student Registration” step.
TPGM - Nominate the student(s) for access to the online course (bwsix.mit.edu) using our online form (https://mit-bwsi.formstack.com/forms/bwsi_nomination_onlinecourse_2022). After your nomination, the student will be invited to register for access to the free online courses.
This is for the BWSI 2022 summer program, the courses will open on 1 Feb 2022
- Courses do not open until 1 February - students will not have access until then but register students early so they can be ready to go.
- Nominations for registration is continuous to 31 March, after March 31, students can still be nominated but will only be able to take the online courses.
- For Teachers/Parents/Guardians/Mentors: reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
- Teachers, prior BWSI students, and teaching assistants (TAs) can also apply for online course access by using the same link below that the students use to apply to the online program
Student Self-Registration step - If you are a student and want to sign-up without a nomination. Students can sign-up themselves for the pre-requisite online course (bwsix.mit.edu) using this form (https://mit-bwsi.formstack.com/forms/bwsi_student_registration_onlinecourse_2022).
- Student will receive their unique ID number after they complete and submit their registration for the online course.
- We encourage students to let their teachers and counselors know about their participation in our program as you will need a recommendation for the summer application portion.
- The online course will open for study on 1 February 2022, students will also need to self-register on Piazza to be able to participate in the course Q&A forums. Piazza information will be found in the courses when they open.
- All online courses will remain open for independent learners, even if they are not accepted into the July program.