Demystifying the Salary Negotiation Process
Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 6:00pm to 7:00pmVirtual Event
Listen to MIT Alumni share their experiences negotiating either as a candidate or a hiring manager. Hear advice on the salary negotiation process, and on how you can assess whether your offer is equitable.
Questions of interest include:
- What was your experience negotiating your salary as a candidate?
- What advice do you have for candidates?
- When should I begin negotiation? How should I present my ask?
- As a hiring manager, do you expect people to negotiate? What has worked well? What actions have left a bad impression?
- Who usually has the final say when determining salary for a role?
- How do companies determine how much to pay their employees?
- What do I do if the company says no?
Panelist of MIT Alumni:
Danielle Class, Technical Program Manager, Alexa AI at Amazon
Stephanie Tan , Founder and Managing Partner, TAN Talent Group, LLC
Michel Rbeiz, Global Head of Strategy & Corporate Development, State Street
Kristin Smith, Associate General Counsel & Director of Intellectual Property, Antheia, Inc.
Students and alumni who would like to practice salary negotiation scenarios are invited to attend the Job Offer Negotiation Strategies and Practice workshop to receive direct coaching and feedback happening on October 20th.
Open to MIT seniors, graduate students, postdocs and alumni. Registration required via Handshake.
- Event Type
- Events By Interest
- Events By Audience
- Career Services (CAPD)
- Add to my calendar
No recent activity