Got PPE? Getting the Right Safety Gear on the Right Person at the Right Time
Monday, January 27, 2020 at 1:00pm to 2:30pm
Building 46, 46-3189
43 VASSAR ST, Cambridge, MA 02139
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) can play an important role in minimizing the risks present in labs.
During this session participants will learn:
- The role of PPE as part of the larger Hierarchy of Controls.
- How to determine appropriate PPE based on MIT policies and lab assessments.
- Selection, use, and care of lab coats.
- Choosing the right eye and face protection.
- Finding appropriate gloves for the risks.
- Methods to increase use of PPE. PPE-related resources available to the MIT community.
Samples of the PPE types discussed will be available during the session. There will also be an open discussion so participants can share their own experiences and get PPE-related questions answered.