Leading the Energy Transition - IAP non-credit course
Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 4:00pm to 6:00pmVirtual Event
Leading change is never easy but the goal of global decarbonization requires a different approach than the traditional approaches. Although technical innovations are necessary, they are not sufficient to bring about the global energy transition.
In the 2022 version of this mini course, we have invited some energy transition leaders from academia/education, industry, government and utilities to inspire us and share their latest strategies in accelerating the energy transition.
Guest speakers will include:
- Professor Chris Knittel, Deputy Director, MIT Energy Initiative
- Professor John Deutch, emeritus Institute Professor in the Chemistry Department
- Joanna Troy, J.D., Director, Energy Policy and Planning at Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Dr. Robert Ethier, Vice President, System Planning, ISO New England
- Dr. Lene Hviid, Global Key Accounts Manager, Shell Energy
- Dr. Emre Gencer, Research Scientist, leader of the Sustainable Energy System Analysis Modelling Environment (SESAME), MIT Energy Initiative
- Dr. Howard Gruenspecht, Senior Energy Economist at MIT Energy Initiative, with many years of experience at IEA, DOE and the White House
The class will meet Wednesdays, 4-6 pm on January 5, 12, 19 and 26.
To register for the class, please fill out the survey: