Leading the Energy Transition - MITEI IAP non-credit course
Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 11:00am to 1:00pmVirtual Event
Leading change is never easy but the goal of global decarbonization requires a different approach than the traditional approaches. Although technical innovations are necessary, they are not sufficient to bring about the global energy transition.
In the 2023 version of this mini course, we have invited some international energy transition leaders from academia/education, industry, government and utilities to inspire us and share their latest strategies in accelerating the energy transition.
- Mette Hoe, Senior Chief Consultant, Smart Mobility, Denmark – Jan 10
- Dr. Tiziano Distefano, Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, University of Florence, Italy – Jan 10
- Judy Chang, Undersecretary of Energy and Climate Solutions, Massachusetts – Jan 17
- Galen Nelson, Chief Program Officer at Massachusetts Clean Energy Center – Jan 17
- Bess Gorman, Assistant General Counsel and Director at National Grid (Clean Energy, Sustainable Heating Solutions) – Jan 24
- Amelia Letvin, Senior Geoscientist at Baseload Capital – Jan 24
- Margo Oge, Former Director Office of Transportation and Air Quality US EPA - Jan 24
- Francisco Boshell, Renewable Energy Markets and Standards Analyst, International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) – Jan 31
- Dr. Sunita Satyapal, Director, Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technologies Office, U.S. Department of Energy; and DOE Hydrogen Program Coordinator – Jan 31
The class will meet Tuesdays, 11am - 1pm on January 10, 17, 24 and 31, 2023.
To register for this class, please fill out the survey: