Swagelok Hands-On Tube Fitting Training - Brought to you by the MechE Alliance
Wednesday, April 03, 2019 at 4:00pm to 5:15pm
MIT MechE, 3-442
Swagelok will be running a hands-on training in tube fitting and installation. This is a must for those designing and purchasing for experimental setups as you will walk away with detailed knowledge of how to select the right materials for your work and install them properly for you research.
Agenda to include:
- Tubing Identification, Tube Support, Tube Pressure Ratings, Cutting and Deburring
- Tube Fitting components & Materials
- Ferrule Orientation, Remake Proceedure, Installation Procedure, Safety Considerations
- Screw Thread Terminology, Tapered vs. Parallel, Installing Threaded Connections
- Valve Function, Actuation Methods, Types of Valves, Valve Selection Process
Kennith Cloutier's background is in Mechanical Engineering and he has been with Swagelok for 10 years. He is a Sales Engineer focusing on providing support for fluid control needs. This includes application consulting, technical advice, on-site evaluations, field training, quoting, and CAD design to a fabricated solution.